Old 12-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Dave

Default google gears on 64 bit centos 5.4?

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have google gears installed on our 64bit firefoxes on firefox 3.5.5 in
> centos 5.4 with flash 10 - all from rpm
>
> Works very nicely......

Sorry, I think I am missing something. What is the rpm/package called?
So is it i386 installed on x8664, or what? Google's website still
claims it requires a 32 bit OS.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:12 AM
James Hogarth

Google doesn't do it...

I have an RPM package for a default firefox profile I deploy to our boxes - that contains a 64bit gears install from somewhere..... google linux 64bit gears - there's plenty of places with it compiled to XPI.... thing it is r3409 or something like that which is most recent working version - 0.5.33 ....

if you need it let me know and I'll mail my XPI

Old 12-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Dave

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:12 AM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an RPM package for a default firefox profile I deploy to our boxes -
> that contains a 64bit gears install from somewhere..... google linux 64bit
> gears - there's plenty of places with it compiled to XPI.... thing it is
> r3409 or something like that which is most recent working version - 0.5.33
>
> if you need it let me know and I'll mail my XPI

Having a copy of your rpm to look at would be nice. But understanding
what is in it and how it was constructed would be even better. Maybe I
am out of my depth, I have no idea what XPI is, need rtfm.

mahalo,
Dave

Old 12-19-2009, 09:26 AM
James Hogarth

XPI is the package format for firefox extensions....

http://pickup.nieir.com.au/gears/gears-linux-x86_64-opt-0.5.34.0.xpi

There's the one I'm using which works fine for all our stuff for native gears on 64bit firefox 3.5 ...

The RPM I'm installing just includes a pretweaked FF profile that already has that XPI installed along with some other bits desired by default.