-   -   latest kernel (-164.9.1) not seen by yum (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/297194-latest-kernel-164-9-1-not-seen-yum.html)

Rob Kampen 12-18-2009 03:25 AM

latest kernel (-164.9.1) not seen by yum

I have updated my local repo and see that centos.plus has the new kernel
available.

yum update does not get it
yum clean all and another try and still it does not find it
what am I missing??
only recent change to yum.repos was the addition of failovermethod=priority
anyone else having probs?
flummoxed at this point

Akemi Yagi 12-18-2009 03:47 AM

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Rob Kampen <rkampen@kampensonline.com> wrote:
> I have updated my local repo and see that centos.plus has the new kernel
> available.
> yum update does not get it
> yum clean all and another try and still it does not find it
> what am I missing??

Check to see if the metadata files are also updated in your local repo.

Akemi