-   -   Help With Glade and C5 64-bit? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/296521-help-glade-c5-64-bit.html)

mark 12-16-2009 11:23 PM

Help With Glade and C5 64-bit?

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> I have a user with C5.4 64-bit, fully updated, performed a yum install
> glade, it claimed to have installed everything, but we cannot get it
> to run. Neither whereis nor locate revleal an executable.

Have you tried rpm -ql glade | more?

mark
--
"The legitimate powers of government, extend to such acts
only as are injurious to others. But it does me no

Scott Ehrlich 12-17-2009 01:02 AM

Help With Glade and C5 64-bit?

> maybe yum install glade2 ?
>
> yum search could be your friend

Yep, yum was the first thing tried. Sorry I forgot to mention it.

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg 12-17-2009 07:22 AM

Help With Glade and C5 64-bit?

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
>> maybe yum install glade2 ?
>>
>> yum search could be your friend
>
> Yep, yum was the first thing tried. Sorry I forgot to mention it.

you did mention it, but you mentioned "yum install glade" while I
suggested installing a package called glade2. Note the 2. Doing a search
with apt suggests glade2 is what you want, there is no package called
glade in c5. I'm sure yum search or yum list or whatever would say the same.
So, did you try "yum install glade2"?
Did this fail for you?

What's the output of
rpm -qa | grep glade
?

Scott Ehrlich 12-17-2009 09:49 AM

Help With Glade and C5 64-bit?

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
<Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg@imag.fr> wrote:

> Scott Ehrlich wrote:
>>> maybe yum install glade2 ?
>>>
>>> yum search could be your friend
>>
>> Yep, yum was the first thing tried. *Sorry I forgot to mention it.
>>

> you did mention it, but you mentioned "yum install glade" while I
> suggested installing a package called glade2. Note the 2. Doing a search
> with apt suggests glade2 is what you want, there is no package called
> glade in c5. I'm sure yum search or yum list or whatever would say the same.
> So, did you try "yum install glade2"?
> Did this fail for you?

It was tried and it did work, but no executable was found.

If you try it, do you get an executable? If so, what is the path?

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg 12-17-2009 10:49 AM

Help With Glade and C5 64-bit?

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
> <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg@imag.fr> wrote:

>>> Yep, yum was the first thing tried. Sorry I forgot to mention it.
>>>

>> you did mention it, but you mentioned "yum install glade" while I
>> suggested installing a package called glade2. Note the 2. Doing a search
>> with apt suggests glade2 is what you want, there is no package called
>> glade in c5. I'm sure yum search or yum list or whatever would say the same.
>> So, did you try "yum install glade2"?
>> Did this fail for you?
>
> It was tried and it did work, but no executable was found.
>
> If you try it, do you get an executable? If so, what is the path?
>

>> What's the output of
>> rpm -qa | grep glade
>> ?

$ rpm -q glade2
glade2-2.12.1-6.el5.x86_64

$ rpm -ql glade2 | grep bin
/usr/bin/glade-2

John Doe 12-17-2009 04:20 PM

Help With Glade and C5 64-bit?

From: Scott Ehrlich <srehrlich@gmail.com>
>> you did mention it, but you mentioned "yum install glade" while I
>> suggested installing a package called glade2. Note the 2. Doing a search
>> with apt suggests glade2 is what you want, there is no package called
>> glade in c5. I'm sure yum search or yum list or whatever would say the same.
>> So, did you try "yum install glade2"?
>> Did this fail for you?
> It was tried and it did work, but no executable was found.
> If you try it, do you get an executable? If so, what is the path?

# yumdownloader glade2
# rpm -qpl glade2-2.12.1-6.el5.i386.rpm
/usr/bin/glade-2

JD

Scott Ehrlich 12-18-2009 01:10 AM

Help With Glade and C5 64-bit?

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:
> From: Scott Ehrlich <srehrlich@gmail.com>
>>> you did mention it, but you mentioned "yum install glade" while I
>>> suggested installing a package called glade2. Note the 2. Doing a search
>>> with apt suggests glade2 is what you want, there is no package called
>>> glade in c5. I'm sure yum search or yum list or whatever would say the same.
>>> So, did you try "yum install glade2"?
>>> Did this fail for you?
>> It was tried and it did work, but no executable was found.
>> If you try it, do you get an executable? *If so, what is the path?
>
> # yumdownloader glade2
> # rpm -qpl glade2-2.12.1-6.el5.i386.rpm
> /usr/bin/glade-2

The program is advertised as glade, installs as glade2, but the
executable is glade-2.

Problem solved.

Thanks to all!