Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Frank Cox

Default Image conversion with ImageMagick doesn't work on CentOS, but it works fine on Debian Lenny.

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 15:57 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:
> I didn't notice the problem until it was hosted on a certain
> commercial storefront provider, under apache, I saw no problem.

That suggests a problem with the way your "mystery software" is serving
the image rather than a problem with the image. Which points to a bug
in the "mystery software".

Old 12-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Frank Cox

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:10 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:

> The provider is coresense. For better or for worse. They do a lot of
> things stupidly, but it works, and for lack of a
> better option to suggest for a cart with a back-end that handles the
> things they do, it stays.

Ok, then you either live with it or you fix it.

Have you tried compiling an imagemagick srpm on Centos to see if that
fixes it? Your choice of srpm. Or perhaps compiling it directly from a
tarball?

Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Frank Cox

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:47 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:
> I didn't try compiling the SRPM. There is a thought in that.

I have found that some F10-F12 srpm's (particularly command-line utility
stuff) can be compiled on Centos with few or no changes required.

You can't directly rebuild F11 and F12 srpms due to the change in the
checksumming stuff, but extracting them and building a new srpm is
pretty trivial.