Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Frank Cox

Default Image conversion with ImageMagick doesn't work on CentOS, but it works fine on Debian Lenny.

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 15:16 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:
> I recently came across the need to convert jpg images with IM, did a
> standard install of "yum -y install ImageMagick" and found that
> images converted with CentOS's base port of IM would actually corrupt
> the images, yet using the same (albiet different version, different
> distro) software
> didn't corrupt the images at all.

I use convert and mogrify on a reasonably regular basis for various
tasks and haven't noticed any problems here.

Is there anything "special" about your images? You are converting them
from jpg to.. what format?