Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Peter Serwe

Default {Disarmed} Problems with nss_ldap - where to start?

Right, I was actually trying the things suggested by multiple people at the same time.

nss_ldap's connection to ldap was the primary issue.* The other stuff was merely fluff.

Believe it or not, I actually have that book.

I just looked on page 112 where Carter mentions the one level directory search.

I'll dig deeper.* I didn't think (didn't look either) that it covered nss_ldap as well as it does.

Peter

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 13:38 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:

> Which part did I discard that was relevant?

> I don't have a People container at the moment.

> There was something that looked like ?one on the end of the string, I

> couldn't make sense of it.

> Which part are you offended by the discard of?

----

After we fix the nss-ldap stuff, you change the DSA. I have to laugh.

You are flailing and changing things and configurations far beyond where

you were an hour ago and so there is no way to know where you are at.

Suggestion... LDAP System Administration by Gerald Carter

It will teach you what you need to know. The book is pure spoon feeding

and makes it simple. I am sure that you will waste a ton of time if you

don't read this book.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Peter Serwe