-   -   Canon Printer Woe (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/296192-canon-printer-woe.html)

Colin Coles 12-16-2009 01:12 PM

Canon Printer Woe

Hi,
Has anyone had any success using a Canon LBP5300 with CentOS or any other RH
type os for that matter, using the rpms and intructions downloaded from the
Canon website? I have it working on XP and OS X both via USB and network but
am having no success with either on CentOS 5.4 . Print jobs seem to be
processed correctly by CUPS but the printer doesn't respond at all and the
jobs show up as completed in the CUPS job list. I do not know how to test the
ccpd daemon but it seems to be running. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Colin.

Eero Volotinen 12-16-2009 01:19 PM

Canon Printer Woe

On 12/16/09 4:12 PM, Colin Coles wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anyone had any success using a Canon LBP5300 with CentOS or any other RH
> type os for that matter, using the rpms and intructions downloaded from the
> Canon website? I have it working on XP and OS X both via USB and network but
> am having no success with either on CentOS 5.4 . Print jobs seem to be
> processed correctly by CUPS but the printer doesn't respond at all and the
> jobs show up as completed in the CUPS job list. I do not know how to test the
> ccpd daemon but it seems to be running. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

By looking page: http://www.openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Canon
looks like your printer is unsupported?

--
Eero

Colin Coles 12-16-2009 01:31 PM

Canon Printer Woe

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 14:19, Eero Volotinen wrote:
> By looking page: http://www.openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Canon
> looks like your printer is unsupported?

Thanks Eero, but Canon provide a cups driver here:
http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010407.asp
However I am having difficulty making this work.

Cheers,
Colin