Old 12-13-2009, 01:57 AM
David Milholen

Default moving from live partitions to raid1 on an eserver

I have a qtp (qmail toaster plus) machine on an ibm 326 eserver that has
2 sata 250GB drives.
The problem I have is that when the Os was installed I thought I had
hardware raid on but to my avail the Os assumed to drives an installed
accordingly. Here is what df has for the partitions.
# df
/dev/sdb1 240362656 17843040 210309816 8% /
/dev/sda1 101086 11843 84024 13% /boot
none 2047316 0 2047316 0% /dev/shm

I need a raid in place on this machine. This is a live machine but I do
have a lab machine to break.

I really need to move this in a live fashion without losing the data of
course I have complete backups to start a new if need be but it would be
nice to be able to make the change and have raid1 in place to have a
some better redundancy.
I guess what I am asking what are the basic steps and what warnings to
look for?
Thanks
--Dave