Old 12-11-2009, 08:50 PM
MHR

Default Firewall for virtual machines

I realize I'm not getting a lot of questions answered here lately, and
I'm going to presume that this is for legitimate reasons (i.e., people
don't know or are too busy to think about it), not because they seem
stupid (if they do, please tell me, on the list or privately).

I run Windows as a VMWare guest on top of my CentOS host, and I
generally have not used a firewall on the guest. This is partly
because I only run it rarely, and it seems like a waste when it's
running on a host that has its own, pretty effective firewall, but
today I began to wonder - would it be a bad idea (or a complete waste)
to use a firewall, like ZoneAlarm, on my Windows guest OS?

Opinions welcome.

Thanks.

mhr