Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Ryan Pugatch

Default poweredge 1950 hangs at starting udev

Hi all,

I have a PowerEdge 1950 that was acting weird. Network connectivity was
only performing at a quarter of what was expected (if that). Even if I
scp'd something to localhost it would perform poorly. Rather than fight
with it, I just decided to reload it. It was running 5.3, and it is now
running 5.4. However, when I go to boot it gets stuck at starting udev.
If I let it sit long enough it will then give me errors with something
along the lines of:

Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 00
Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?

Wondering if anyone has an idea..

Thanks,

Ryan

Old 12-10-2009, 05:39 PM
"nate"

Ryan Pugatch wrote:

> Wondering if anyone has an idea..

Run hardware diagnostics?

Check power management settings in the bios?

nate

Old 12-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Ryan Pugatch

nate wrote:
> Ryan Pugatch wrote:
>
>> Wondering if anyone has an idea..
>
> Run hardware diagnostics?
>
> Check power management settings in the bios?
>
> nate

Was able to track it down to a problem with a stick of memory.

Ryan