Old 12-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Cristian Carstea

Default Quagga ECMP

Hello,

does anybody know if quagga for CentOS 5.3 is compiled with
-enable-multipath?
I want to implement ECMP over 2 ISP.

Thanks,
Cristi Carstea

Old 12-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Kwan Lowe

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Cristian Carstea <cris@crisnet.ro> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anybody know if quagga for CentOS 5.3 is compiled with
> -enable-multipath?
> I want to implement ECMP over 2 ISP.

You can look in the /boot/config-* files. Those are the configs that
it was built with. In my 5.4 system:

[root@xm-c32-001 boot]# grep -i multipath config-2.6.18-128.2.1.el5xen
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH=y
# CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED is not set
CONFIG_MD_MULTIPATH=m
CONFIG_DM_MULTIPATH=m
CONFIG_DM_MULTIPATH_EMC=m
CONFIG_DM_MULTIPATH_RDAC=m
CONFIG_DM_MULTIPATH_HP=m

Old 12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Cristian Carstea

yes, that's right, but i am asking here about Quagga, which is a routing software (OSPF, BGP etc.), not about kernel multipath,
i mean if Quagga is compiled with Equal Cost MultiPath (ECMP), the "-enable-multipath" compile option.
Can someone post here the spec file from which quagga rpm was built for CentOS?
Thanks.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Gavin Carr

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 07:23:06PM +0200, Cristian Carstea wrote:
> yes, that's right, but i am asking here about Quagga, which is a
> routing software (OSPF, BGP etc.), not about kernel multipath, i
> mean if Quagga is compiled with Equal Cost MultiPath (ECMP), the
> "-enable-multipath" compile option. Can someone post here the spec
> file from which quagga rpm was built for CentOS? Thanks. On Thu, Dec
> 10, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Cristian Carstea <cris@crisnet.ro> wrote:
>

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> does anybody know if quagga for CentOS 5.3 is compiled with
> >> -enable-multipath?
> >> I want to implement ECMP over 2 ISP.

Looks like it. Spec file configure on my i386 box is:

+ ./configure --build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu --host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu --target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc/quagga --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib/quagga --libexecdir=/usr/libexec/quagga --localstatedir=/var/run/quagga --sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-ipv6 --enable-multipath=64 --enable-nssa --enable-opaque-lsa --enable-ospf-te --enable-vtysh --enable-ospfclient=yes --enable-ospfapi=yes --with-libpam --enable-user=quagga --enable-group=quagga --enable-vty-group=quaggavt --enable-rtadv --enable-netlink

which matches the configure options at the top of the spec file:

# configure options
%define with_snmp 0
%define with_vtysh 1
%define with_ospf_te 1