Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 AM
john blair

Default find latest version of rpms from a mirror

I want to write a script to find the latest version of rpm of a given package available from a mirror for eg: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/
Is there any existing script that does this? Or can someone give me a general idea on how to go about this?

Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 AM
John R Pierce

john blair wrote:
> I want to write a script to find the latest version of rpm of a given package available from a mirror for eg: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/
> Is there any existing script that does this? Or can someone give me a general idea on how to go about this?

yum list packagename