Old 12-09-2009, 10:58 PM
"nate"

Default nagios 3 packages?

Florin Andrei wrote:
> So, my favorite RPM repository (EPEL) only has the ancient nagios-2.12
> or so.
>
> What's the repo you use for Nagios 3?

About a year ago I yanked the SRPMs from an OpenSUSE site and
built them for CentOS 4.x/5.x (32/64-bit).

Not sure if there is a ready made repo for nagios 3 for centos
at this point, be surprised if there wasn't since it's pretty old
now.

# rpm -qa | grep -i nagios
nagios-plugins-1.4.9-1.el5
nagios-3.0.2-1.el5
nagios-nrpe-2.5.2-1.el5
nagios-plugins-setuid-1.4.9-1.el5
nagios-www-3.0.2-1.el5
nagios-plugins-nrpe-2.5.2-1.el5
nagios-devel-3.0.2-1.el5

Been using it across a half dozen nagios servers monitoring probably
8000 services on 500 hosts for quite a while now.

nate

Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 PM
"Mathew S. McCarrell"

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM, nate <centos@linuxpowered.net> wrote:

Florin Andrei wrote:

> So, my favorite RPM repository (EPEL) only has the ancient nagios-2.12

> or so.

> What's the repo you use for Nagios 3?

About a year ago I yanked the SRPMs from an OpenSUSE site and

built them for CentOS 4.x/5.x (32/64-bit).

Not sure if there is a ready made repo for nagios 3 for centos

at this point, be surprised if there wasn't since it's pretty old

now.

# rpm -qa | grep -i nagios

nagios-plugins-1.4.9-1.el5

nagios-3.0.2-1.el5

nagios-nrpe-2.5.2-1.el5

nagios-plugins-setuid-1.4.9-1.el5

nagios-www-3.0.2-1.el5

nagios-plugins-nrpe-2.5.2-1.el5

nagios-devel-3.0.2-1.el5

Been using it across a half dozen nagios servers monitoring probably

8000 services on 500 hosts for quite a while now.

nate

*RPMForge has the latest stable Nagios release and I've had no issues with it... well other than the DST bug that 3.2.0 currently has.

Matt
--

Mathew S. McCarrell
Clarkson University '10

mccarrms@gmail.com
mccarrms@clarkson.edu
1-518-314-9214
*

Old 12-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Florin Andrei

On 12/9/2009 3:51 PM, Florin Andrei wrote:
> So, my favorite RPM repository (EPEL) only has the ancient nagios-2.12
> or so.
>
> What's the repo you use for Nagios 3?

I asked too soon. "rpmbuild -tb" works pretty well on the source tarball.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/

Old 12-09-2009, 11:14 PM