FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
gilberto nunes
 
Default Compile a kernel

Hi buddies

I attempt to compile a kernel on CentOS 5.3.
The kernel version is 2.6.31.6.

All make procedure is running ok.
I can generate initrd image with no problem too.
But, when I try booting this kernel, I get Kernel panic:

Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
[ 1.732772] init used greatest stack depth: 5168 bytes left
[ 1.733029] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
[ 1.733291] Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 2.6.31.6 #2


I don't know what is going on here!!

Thanks if somebody will be able to help me!




--
*Gilberto Nunes Ferreira*
*TI*
*Selbetti Gestão de Documentos*
*Telefone: +55 (47) 3441-6004*
*Celular: +55 (47) 8861-6672*



/"Bendita a nação cujo Deus é o SENHOR!"/
*99* <><

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Eero Volotinen
 
Default Compile a kernel

Quoting gilberto nunes <gilberto.nunes@selbetti.com.br>:

> Hi buddies
>
> I attempt to compile a kernel on CentOS 5.3.
> The kernel version is 2.6.31.6.
>
> All make procedure is running ok.
> I can generate initrd image with no problem too.
> But, when I try booting this kernel, I get Kernel panic:
>
> Setting up other filesystems.
> Setting up new root fs
> setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
> no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
> setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
> setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
> Switching to new root and running init.
> unmounting old /dev
> unmounting old /proc
> unmounting old /sys
> switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
> [ 1.732772] init used greatest stack depth: 5168 bytes left
> [ 1.733029] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
> [ 1.733291] Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 2.6.31.6 #2
>
>
> I don't know what is going on here!!
>

Something critical is missing from kernel? Proc fs support?

Can you paste your .config to mailinglist or pastebin.ca ..
--
Eero,
RHCE

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 PM
gilberto nunes
 
Default Compile a kernel

hello

The was compile RAM disk and filesystem support and proc filesystem
suporte too...

Perhaps I need upgrade SysVinit?

Thanks



Eero Volotinen escreveu:
> Quoting gilberto nunes <gilberto.nunes@selbetti.com.br>:
>
>> Hi buddies
>>
>> I attempt to compile a kernel on CentOS 5.3.
>> The kernel version is 2.6.31.6.
>>
>> All make procedure is running ok.
>> I can generate initrd image with no problem too.
>> But, when I try booting this kernel, I get Kernel panic:
>>
>> Setting up other filesystems.
>> Setting up new root fs
>> setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
>> no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
>> setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
>> setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
>> Switching to new root and running init.
>> unmounting old /dev
>> unmounting old /proc
>> unmounting old /sys
>> switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
>> [ 1.732772] init used greatest stack depth: 5168 bytes left
>> [ 1.733029] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
>> [ 1.733291] Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 2.6.31.6 #2
>>
>>
>> I don't know what is going on here!!
>>
>
> Something critical is missing from kernel? Proc fs support?
>
> Can you paste your .config to mailinglist or pastebin.ca ..
> --
> Eero,
> RHCE
>

--
*Gilberto Nunes Ferreira*
*TI*
*Selbetti Gestão de Documentos*
*Telefone: +55 (47) 3441-6004*
*Celular: +55 (47) 8861-6672*



/"Bendita a nação cujo Deus é o SENHOR!"/
*99* <><

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Eero Volotinen
 
Default Compile a kernel

On 12/9/09 3:33 PM, gilberto nunes wrote:
> hello
>
> The was compile RAM disk and filesystem support and proc filesystem
> suporte too...
>
> Perhaps I need upgrade SysVinit?

Well, I think that something (important) is missing from kernel.

--
Eero
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Akemi Yagi
 
Default Compile a kernel

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM, gilberto nunes
<gilberto.nunes@selbetti.com.br> wrote:
> Hi buddies
>
> I attempt to compile a kernel on CentOS 5.3.
> The kernel version is 2.6.31.6.
>
> All make procedure is running ok.
> I can generate initrd image with no problem too.
> But, when I try booting this kernel, I get Kernel panic:

I believe this CentOS forum thread will help:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23627&forum=37

See the instructions provided by Alan Bartlett. If you are still
stuck, I suggest you post to the forums.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2009, 06:30 PM
gilberto nunes
 
Default Compile a kernel

Hi Akemi



I follow this how to step y step, but I get the same result!



Do you have other idea!?!?



Thanks



Akemi Yagi escreveu:

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM, gilberto nunes
<gilberto.nunes@selbetti.com.br> wrote:


Hi buddies

I attempt to compile a kernel on CentOS 5.3.
The kernel version is 2.6.31.6.

All make procedure is running ok.
I can generate initrd image with no problem too.
But, when I try booting this kernel, I get Kernel panic:



I believe this CentOS forum thread will help:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23627&forum=37

See the instructions provided by Alan Bartlett. If you are still
stuck, I suggest you post to the forums.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos




--











Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

TI

Selbetti Gestão de Documentos

Telefone: +55 (47) 3441-6004

Celular: +55 (47) 8861-6672







"Bendita a nação cujo Deus é o SENHOR!"

99 <><














_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Eero Volotinen
 
Default Compile a kernel

On 12/9/09 9:30 PM, gilberto nunes wrote:
> Hi Akemi
>
> I follow this how to step y step, but I get the same result!
>
> Do you have other idea!?!?

post your kernel configuration .config (-file) to net, without it we
cannot help you..

--
Eero
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-09-2009, 06:55 PM
gilberto nunes
 
Default Compile a kernel

here we go:



http://mail.selbetti.com.br/config



Thanks



gilberto nunes escreveu:


Hi Akemi



I follow this how to step y step, but I get the same result!



Do you have other idea!?!?



Thanks



Akemi Yagi escreveu:

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM, gilberto nunes
<gilberto.nunes@selbetti.com.br> wrote:


Hi buddies

I attempt to compile a kernel on CentOS 5.3.
The kernel version is 2.6.31.6.

All make procedure is running ok.
I can generate initrd image with no problem too.
But, when I try booting this kernel, I get Kernel panic:



I believe this CentOS forum thread will help:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23627&forum=37

See the instructions provided by Alan Bartlett. If you are still
stuck, I suggest you post to the forums.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos




--










Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

TI

Selbetti Gestão de Documentos

Telefone: +55 (47) 3441-6004

Celular: +55 (47) 8861-6672







"Bendita a nação cujo Deus é o SENHOR!"

99 <><














_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos




--











Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

TI

Selbetti Gestão de Documentos

Telefone: +55 (47) 3441-6004

Celular: +55 (47) 8861-6672







"Bendita a nação cujo Deus é o SENHOR!"

99 <><














_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org