Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Spiro Harvey

Default Any way to initiate a kickstart from shell prompt?

Hi all,

I've set up a CentOS flash stick using the LiveCD tools, then dumping
that onto flash with a persistent overlay - instructions here:
http://wtf.geek.nz/?blog/2009/12/08/how-to-make-a-useful-centos-utility-flash-stick

This gets me to a prompt in which I can do recovery stuff, but I'm
curious to know if it's possible to initiate a kickstart install onto
the local disks from that prompt.

I've got a separate stick that appends ks= lines to boot different
kickstart files, but I'd really like to have the ability to do this on
the non-auto-install stick too.

Is this possible? Is there a command that kicks this off?

Cheers

--
Spiro Harvey Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923 www.knossos.net.nz