Old 12-08-2009, 04:19 AM

Default Does CentOS provide commerical support ?

Hi ,

I wanted to know about any commercial
support for centOS 5.3 like kernel customization and others from centOS
community or developers. Please provide information on the same

Regards,

Premraj M

Disclaimer : This message is proprietary to Smartlink Network Systems Limited and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Smartlink Network Systems Ltd. accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

This email has been
scrubbed for your protection by SecureMX. For more information visit
securemx.in

Old 12-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Rudi Ahlers

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM, <premrajm@digilink.in> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I wanted to know about any commercial support for centOS 5.3 like kernel
> customization and others from centOS community or developers. Please provide
> information on the same
>
> Regards,
> Premraj M

If I'm not mistaken, this is where Redhat comes to play. They offer
the Commercial support. CentOS is based on Redhat, without te
commercial support.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 AM
"Neil Aggarwal"

> > I wanted to know about any commercial support for centOS
> 5.3 like kernel
> > customization

> If I'm not mistaken, this is where Redhat comes to play.

Will RedHat compile a custom kernel for one user?
I think they are too large an organization for that.

I think the OP is looking for a consultant from the CentOS
community to edit source code and create a custome kernel.
There have to be people on this (or the developers) list
that can do that for him.

Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
Host Joomla!, Wordpress, phpBB, or vBulletin for $25/mo

Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Serg Smirnoff

hi,

maybe it will be interesting -

http://www.openlogic.com/news/press/12.01.09.php
http://www.openlogic.com/products/centos-support.php

OpenLogic began to offer commercial technical support for CentOS.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:19 AM, <premrajm@digilink.in> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I wanted to know about any commercial support for centOS 5.3 like kernel
> customization and others from centOS community or developers. Please provide
> information on the same
>
> Regards,
> Premraj M
>

> Disclaimer : This message is proprietary to Smartlink Network Systems
> Limited and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
> addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should
> not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
> intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
> originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
> disclosing the contents of this message. Smartlink Network Systems Ltd.
> accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the
> information transmitted by this email including damage from virus.
> This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SecureMX. For more
> information visit securemx.in

Serg Smirnov
email/xmpp: Sergey.A.Smirnov@Gmail.com