Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Agile Aspect

Default firefox-3.0.15 on CentOS 4

Hi - I updated firefox-3.0.5 from firefox-3.0.15on CentOS 4 this
weekend and now I can't start it because it has the wrong version
of NSS and I can't update NSS to the correct version.

Does anyone know where I can find the RPM for CentOS 4 version
of firefox-3.0.5?

Or how I can tell yum to install version firefox-3.0.5 instead of
firefox-3.0.15?

Thank you.

--
Enjoy global warming while it lasts.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Agile Aspect

Opps - on CentOS 4 I upgrade from firefox-3.0.5 to firefox-3.0.15 and now I
need to back out to version firefox-3.0.5.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 PM

> Opps - on CentOS 4 I upgrade from firefox-3.0.5 to firefox-3.0.15 and now
> I need to back out to version firefox-3.0.5.
>
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Agile Aspect <agile.aspect@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi - I updated firefox-3.0.5 *from *firefox-3.0.15on CentOS 4 this
>> weekend and now I can't start it *because it has the wrong version
>> of NSS and I can't update NSS to the correct version.
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can find the RPM for CentOS 4 version
>> of firefox-3.0.5?
>>
>> Or how I can tell yum to install version firefox-3.0.5 instead of
>> firefox-3.0.15?

I literally a minute ago upgraded my firefox from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5. I
*always* do it as follows:
as root, cd to where it's installed (for me, /opt)
rm firefox
bunzip2 /whereIsavedit/firefox<release>.tar.bz2
tar -xvf /whereIsavedit/firefox<release>.tar
mv firefox firefox-<release number>
ln -s firefox-<release number> firefox

Then I have my link in /usr/bin/firefox pointing to, in my case,
/opt/firefox/firefox.

Back out? No problem, reset the symbolic link.

In your case, first, was it installed via rpm? If so, rpm -e; in my case,
rm -r the directory it was installed in, then go to the mozilla site and
d/l the version you want, then follow my procedure, above.

If you insist on installing it via yum, or rpm, you can tell it a release
number - check the man page on those.

mark