Old 12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
"Roland Roland"

Default how to do startup scripts?

Hello,
*
I've just finished installing Atlassian's bamboo

it comes with two ways to start it up one through a
bash shell script bamboo.sh
and another through _javascript_ (this one is better
as it has the ability to start up the service if it got shutdown for any
reason)
*
so I'm wondering how can I set this service to
start on boot..
I know how to set a script on login in my profile
though not on boot..
*
any suggestion?
I've looked around about none interactive shells
and so on.. so if I did a symbolic link from bamboo.sh script to /etc/init.d
would that work?
what about variables inside the script would they b
read ?
*
obviously a newbie here so appreciate any detailed
explanation if possible about interactive/ none interactive shells and of course
if theres an advice about how to solve this issue..
*
PS: trying to educate myself about linux along the
way so any explanation would be greatly appreciated...
*
*
*