Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Les Mikesell

Default Installing R on CentOS 5

Diederick Stoffers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone been able to successfully install R on CentOS5.4? I am having
> problems with dependencies.... perl is installed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Diederick
>
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> R-core-2.10.0-2.el5.x86_64 from R-project has depsolving problems
> --> Missing Dependency: perl(File::Copy::Recursive) is needed by
> package R-core-2.10.0-2.el5.x86_64 (R-project)

You probably need to add the epel yum repository.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
"James A. Peltier"

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 at 6:45pm, Diederick Stoffers wrote
>
>> Has anyone been able to successfully install R on CentOS5.4? I am having
>> problems with dependencies.... perl is installed.
>
> I use the packages from EPEL without a problem.

Using it here, latest version, without issue.

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director

Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody
else use it, and get a new one every six months.
- Clifford Stoll

Old 12-08-2009, 05:20 PM
"Ben Mohilef"

> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> R-core-2.10.0-2.el5.x86_64 from R-project has depsolving problems -->
> Missing Dependency: perl(File::Copy::Recursive) is needed by package
> R-core-2.10.0- 2.el5.x86_64 (R-project)

If you don't want to use the epel repository, then you will need to get

perl-File-Copy-Recursive-0.38-1.el5.rf.noarch.rpm

from Dag's Repositories accessible at (among others)
ftp.rpmforge.net/pub/ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/dag/redhat/el5/en/x86_64

His repository has a rich and <mostly> up to date collection of perl
rpms.

regards,

benm

Old 12-08-2009, 05:40 PM
"Brent L. Bates"

Anyone thought about installing R from the Scientific Linux site? R is a
standard part of SL. It might be a bit more compatible with CentOS than other
sites. Just an idea.

--

Brent L. Bates (UNIX Sys. Admin.)
M.S. 912 Phone757) 865-1400, x204