Old 12-07-2009, 04:12 AM
"Mr. X"

Default using an alternate audio driver in C5.4

Hello,

C5.4 on
Abit kn9 ultra with MCP55 chipset,
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+

#lspci
00:06.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP55 High Definition Audio (rev a2)

sudo lsmod | grep hda
snd_hda_intel 584593 1
snd_pcm 116681 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss
snd_page_alloc 44113 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
snd_hwdep 43593 1 snd_hda_intel
snd 100073 11 snd_hda_intel,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,s nd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer

Is there a way to use the ac97 drivers instead of the hda_intel?
I want to explore this cause Qemu has an ac97 driver. If I can make my audio compatible with the Qemu sound, then I can use guest and local audio at the same time!

--
Mark