Old 12-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Akemi Yagi

Default Building xfsprogs can't find valid UUID library

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 10:43 AM, C Linus Hicks <linush@verizon.net> wrote:
> On CentOS 5.3 x86_64, I'm trying to build
> xfsprogs-2.9.4-1.el5.centos.x86_64 with -ggdb so I can use it with gdb
> and examine the data structures when using xfs_db. I've installed the
> src rpm as a non-root user and when I run rpmbuild -bc during
> the ./configure I get the error:

> checking for uuid.h... no
>
> FATAL ERROR: could not find a valid UUID library.
> Install the Universally Unique Identifiers library package.
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.42904 (%build)

You might want to try installing e2fsprogs-devel and see how it goes.

Akemi

Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 PM
C Linus Hicks

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 12:29 -0800, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 10:43 AM, C Linus Hicks <linush@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On CentOS 5.3 x86_64, I'm trying to build
> > xfsprogs-2.9.4-1.el5.centos.x86_64 with -ggdb so I can use it with gdb
> > and examine the data structures when using xfs_db. I've installed the
> > src rpm as a non-root user and when I run rpmbuild -bc during
> > the ./configure I get the error:
>
> > checking for uuid.h... no
> >
> > FATAL ERROR: could not find a valid UUID library.
> > Install the Universally Unique Identifiers library package.
> > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.42904 (%build)
>
> You might want to try installing e2fsprogs-devel and see how it goes.

That did it. I can't imagine doing this on purpose, but I had the i386
e2fsprogs-devel installed but not the x86_64.

rpm -qa e2fsprogs*
e2fsprogs-1.39-20.el5.x86_64
e2fsprogs-devel-1.39-20.el5.i386
e2fsprogs-libs-1.39-20.el5.i386