Old 12-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

Default Non official shop

Hey

I just discovered that one of the Promo pages [1] points to a spread
shirt shop [2].

Maybe this link should be removed as I don't think Lance is still
involved? Or can we take it over somehow?

Cheers Didi

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Promo/TODO
[2] http://centos.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/

--

My www page: www.ribalba.de
Email / Jabber: ribalba@gmail.com

Old 12-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 04/12/09 19:08, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:
> I just discovered that one of the Promo pages [1] points to a spread
> shirt shop [2].
>
> Maybe this link should be removed as I don't think Lance is still
> involved? Or can we take it over somehow?

Might be a case of taking it down - and/or talking to the guys at
spreadshirt.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Frank Cox

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 19:08 +0000, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:
> Maybe this link should be removed as I don't think Lance is still
> involved? Or can we take it over somehow?

That raises an interesting question.

Are there any guidelines/rules/whatever for use of the Centos name,
logo, and so on? Red Hat has pages of write-up regarding their
trademarks and logo which are actually linked on the Centos wiki, but I
haven't found anything about the Centos logo and whatnot.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> On 04/12/09 19:08, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:
>> I just discovered that one of the Promo pages [1] points to a spread
>> shirt shop [2].
>>
>> Maybe this link should be removed as I don't think Lance is still
>> involved? Or can we take it over somehow?
>
> Might be a case of taking it down - and/or talking to the guys at
> spreadshirt.

I have deleted the link for now. If you guys are happy I would talk to
the spread shirt shop. But maybe someone with a @centos.org would be
better suited. As I already have all the shirts and promo material I
would offer to maintain the shop, if there should be one.

Cheers Didi

Old 12-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Frank Cox <theatre@sasktel.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 19:08 +0000, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:
>> Maybe this link should be removed as I don't think Lance is still
>> involved? Or can we take it over somehow?
>
> That raises an interesting question.
>
> Are there any guidelines/rules/whatever for use of the Centos name,
> logo, and so on? *Red Hat has pages of write-up regarding their
> trademarks and logo which are actually linked on the Centos wiki, but I
> haven't found anything about the Centos logo and whatnot.

Very good question. I have been asked this quite a few times now. And
my response was always not to make profit from it and advertise it on
the ML if you use it. But I agree there should maybe be some
"official" page stating what is allowed and not. Maybe this needs to
be discussed first

Cheers Didi