Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Thomas Harold

Default Latency Monitor

On 12/2/2009 4:41 PM, Matt wrote:
> Does anyone know of a utility I can run on a server to periodically
> ping several hosts and record the result? Does not need to be
> anything fancy at all.

Various monitoring apps (cacti, nagios, etc)... or MRTG. All of which
store their data in RRDTool.

Which reminds me, I need to setup Nagios 3 this month.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Eduardo Grosclaude

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Matt <lm7812@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a utillity I can run on a server to periodically
> ping several hosts and record the result? *Does not need to be
> anything fancy at all.
>
> Matt

MRTG does it nicely if you provide an adequate ping script. It *is*
somewhat fancy indeed, but I think it is the simplest among the fancy.
Install by simply yumming it in. Less fancy, but also simple: moSSHe
(http://www.wyae.de).
Both of them will let you record not only ping results, but any
imaginable statistics as well.

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue