Old 12-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Devin Reade

Default (HOWTO) Crypto root with the LUKS key on a USB stick

I've written up a document on how to have whole-disk encryption
(minus /boot) while having your LUKS key on a USB stick. (Whether or
not this is a good idea depends on your usage model, and I won't get
into that).

The document is at
<http://www.gno.org/~gdr/sysadmin/centos/5.4/usb-crypto-key.html>
and is targetted at CentOS 5.4. It supersedes my howto for crypto root
(for interactive boot or USB sticks) for CentOS 5.1 - 5.3 (the old
links are on that page).

If anyone has feedback on it, feel free to contact me privately.

Devin
--
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make