Old 12-02-2009, 07:54 AM
hadi motamedi

Default Inquiry:How to compare two files but not in line-by-line basis?

Dear All
Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I compare two files but not in line-by-line basis on my CentOS server ? I mean say row#1 in file1 has the same data as say row#5 in file2 , but the comm compares them in line-by-line basis that is not intended . It seems that the diff cannot do the job as well .

Thank you in advance
*