Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 AM
"Shunsuke Otanis"

Default ip6tables state matching

Hi,

I am having problems adding a stateful inspection rule with ip6tables on
CentOS4.5.

#ip6tables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

That's what I am trying to do, but

#ip6tables: No chain/target/match by that name.

I have been googling but unable to solve the problem.
any ideas?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Eero Volotinen

Shunsuke Otanis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems adding a stateful inspection rule with ip6tables on
> CentOS4.5.
>
> #ip6tables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>
> That's what I am trying to do, but
>
> #ip6tables: No chain/target/match by that name.
>
> I have been googling but unable to solve the problem.
> any ideas?

maybe You need to specify protocol with -p tcp ?

--
Eero

Old 12-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Seán O Sullivan

2009/12/1 Shunsuke Otanis <otanis555@gmail.com>:
> I am having problems adding a stateful inspection rule with ip6tables on
> CentOS4.5.
>
> #ip6tables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

Doesn't support stateful IPv6 firewalling, neither does CentOS5.

Seán