-   -   ip6tables state matching (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/288537-ip6tables-state-matching.html)

"Shunsuke Otanis" 12-01-2009 03:39 AM

ip6tables state matching

Hi,

I am having problems adding a stateful inspection rule with ip6tables on
CentOS4.5.

#ip6tables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

That's what I am trying to do, but

#ip6tables: No chain/target/match by that name.

I have been googling but unable to solve the problem.
any ideas?

Eero Volotinen 12-01-2009 06:22 AM

ip6tables state matching

Shunsuke Otanis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems adding a stateful inspection rule with ip6tables on
> CentOS4.5.
>
> #ip6tables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>
> That's what I am trying to do, but
>
> #ip6tables: No chain/target/match by that name.
>
> I have been googling but unable to solve the problem.
> any ideas?

maybe You need to specify protocol with -p tcp ?

--
Eero

Seán O Sullivan 12-01-2009 10:04 AM

ip6tables state matching

2009/12/1 Shunsuke Otanis <otanis555@gmail.com>:
> I am having problems adding a stateful inspection rule with ip6tables on
> CentOS4.5.
>
> #ip6tables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

Doesn't support stateful IPv6 firewalling, neither does CentOS5.

Seán