Old 12-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Gordon McLellan

Default OT: iscsi target bind to two addresses?

Does anyone know off hand how to bind iscsi enterprise target to two
distinct addresses. Lets say I have a machine that has a bunch of
interfaces on it, with different subnets. Rather than have ietd
broadcast itself on all interfaces (the default), I would like to
limit it to only two interfaces. I have edited the init.d startup
script with --address x.x.x.x which works, but I tried using the
--address argument twice, and the second time is ignored. I also
tried x.x.x.x,y.y.y.y which also failed, second address was ignored.

I'm thinking I could use ip tables to block ietd's ports on the
unwanted interfaces but that seems like overkill.

Thanks - Gordon

Old 12-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Ross Walker

On Nov 30, 2009, at 11:07 PM, Gordon McLellan <gordonthree@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone know off hand how to bind iscsi enterprise target to two
> distinct addresses. Lets say I have a machine that has a bunch of
> interfaces on it, with different subnets. Rather than have ietd
> broadcast itself on all interfaces (the default), I would like to
> limit it to only two interfaces. I have edited the init.d startup
> script with --address x.x.x.x which works, but I tried using the
> --address argument twice, and the second time is ignored. I also
> tried x.x.x.x,y.y.y.y which also failed, second address was ignored.
>
> I'm thinking I could use ip tables to block ietd's ports on the
> unwanted interfaces but that seems like overkill.

If you are using the latest version use targets.allow to restrict
which ip addresses a target is discovered on.

-Ross

Old 12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Gordon McLellan

Thank you Ross!