Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Rudi Ahlers

Default how to install ash on CentOS 5.4?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to install ash on CentOS 5.4, or
just CentOS 5, for that matter? I'm trying to install OpenQRM which
requires ash, but ash doesn't exist in the repositories. rpmfind.net
als only has an older version listed, for CentOS 4
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=ash&submit=Search+...&system=&arc h=

dag wier's repository also doesn't have it. And google didn't yield
any results for CentOS 5.4.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 AM
John R Pierce

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to install ash on CentOS 5.4, or
> just CentOS 5, for that matter? I'm trying to install OpenQRM which
> requires ash, but ash doesn't exist in the repositories. rpmfind.net
> als only has an older version listed, for CentOS 4
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=ash&submit=Search+...&system=&arc h=
>
> dag wier's repository also doesn't have it. And google didn't yield
> any results for CentOS 5.4.

hmmm. ash was included with EL3 and EL4, but appears to have been
dropped in EL5. its a stripped down bourne shell, you might just try

$ sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/ash

and see if that OpenQRM thing works like that.

or, I found this,
http://blog.carlosgomez.net/2009/10/data-center-management-with-openqrm-on.html
which implies the ash el4 rpm will work.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Rudi Ahlers

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> hmmm. *ash was included with EL3 and EL4, but appears to have been
> dropped in EL5. *its a stripped down bourne shell, you might just try
>
> * *$ sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/ash
>
> and see if that OpenQRM thing works like that.
>
> or, I found this,
> http://blog.carlosgomez.net/2009/10/data-center-management-with-openqrm-on.html
> which implies the ash el4 rpm will work.

Thanx John,

I already tried soft linking bash to ash, but I think that the
installer is looking for ash in the RPM's database, since I'm
installing from rpm.

I also read through that article, and that's where I also came to the
conclusion that it may not be available for CentOS 5, but wasn't sure.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 AM
John Doe

From: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@SoftDux.com>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to install ash on CentOS 5.4, or
> just CentOS 5, for that matter? I'm trying to install OpenQRM which
> requires ash, but ash doesn't exist in the repositories. rpmfind.net
> als only has an older version listed, for CentOS 4
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=ash&submit=Search+...&system=&arc h=

Not sure but maybe it is used on the install CD...
Or is that busybox...?

JD