Old 11-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Andrei F

Default read only sftp access

Hi,

I'm trying to setup read-only SFTP repo. The directory that I'm planning to make available via sftp needs to have only read-only access. My issue is that this specific directory is already available for read & write access but under different credentials. When I try to login via my read-only account, openssh spits out an error about incorrect permissions. Any idea how can I share the same directory via sftp under two different usernames under the same filesystem permissions?

Old 11-27-2009, 08:55 PM
"nate"

Andrei F wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup read-only SFTP repo. The directory that I'm planning to
> make available via sftp needs to have only read-only access. My issue is
> that this specific directory is already available for read & write access
> but under different credentials. When I try to login via my read-only
> account, openssh spits out an error about incorrect permissions. Any idea
> how can I share the same directory via sftp under two different usernames
> under the same filesystem permissions?

Just make sure both the directory and the files in the directory
are not writable by "other" and make sure the account you want read
only access to is not the owner and is not in the group that owns
the files or directories and you'll be set.

nate

Old 11-28-2009, 06:53 AM
David Hrbáč

Andrei F napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup read-only SFTP repo. The directory that I'm planning to
> make available via sftp needs to have only read-only access. My issue is
> that this specific directory is already available for read & write access
> but under different credentials. When I try to login via my read-only
> account, openssh spits out an error about incorrect permissions. Any idea
> how can I share the same directory via sftp under two different usernames
> under the same filesystem permissions?

Hi,
you want ACLs.
David Hrbáč