Old 11-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Tony Molloy

Default Amavisd and ClamAV

Hi,

I want to move my mail server from sendmail to postfix over christmas. I've
got a test server running with the following:

postfix dovecot postgrey amavisd-new clamav spamassassin

I've followed the howto's on the wiki <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos> with the
exception that I installed amavisd-new and clamav from the EPEL repo rather
than rpmforge.

Things work OK with the exception of clamav. When I start clamav I get the
following error.

[root@newgoext ~]# service clamd.amavisd start
Starting clamd.amavisd: ERROR: Missing argument for option at line 2
ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf
[FAILED]

As this is a test server I'v set selinux to permissive so it doesn't look like
a selinux problem.

Thanks,

Tony

--

Dept. of Comp. Sci.
University of Limerick.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:49 AM
John Doe

From: Tony Molloy <tony.molloy@ul.ie>
> Things work OK with the exception of clamav. When I start clamav I get the
> following error.
> [root@newgoext ~]# service clamd.amavisd start
> Starting clamd.amavisd: ERROR: Missing argument for option at line 2
> ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf
> [FAILED]
> As this is a test server I'v set selinux to permissive so it doesn't look like
> a selinux problem.

So, did you check the file /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf ?

JD

Old 11-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Tony Molloy

On Friday 27 November 2009 09:49:54 John Doe wrote:
> From: Tony Molloy <tony.molloy@ul.ie>
>
> > Things work OK with the exception of clamav. When I start clamav I get
> > the following error.
> > [root@newgoext ~]# service clamd.amavisd start
> > Starting clamd.amavisd: ERROR: Missing argument for option at line 2
> > ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file /etc/clamd.avisd.conf
> > [FAILED]
> > As this is a test server I'v set selinux to permissive so it doesn't look
> > like a selinux problem.
>
> So, did you check the file /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf ?
>
> JD

Yep. It was a parse error in the installed file not an open error.

cat /etc/clamd.avisd.conf

# Use system logger.
#LogSyslog

# Specify the type of syslog messages - please refer to 'man syslog'
# for facility names.
LogFacility LOG_MAIL

# This option allows you to save a process identifier of the listening
# daemon (main thread).
PidFile /var/run/amavisd/clamd.pid

# Remove stale socket after unclean shutdown.
# Default: disabled
#FixStaleSocket

# Run as a selected user (clamd must be started by root).
User amavis

# Path to a local socket file the daemon will listen on.
LocalSocket /var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock

When I commented out LogSyslog and FixStaleSocket it started ok.

Thanks for stating the obvious sometimes that's the hardest thing to see ;-)

Tony

Dept. of Comp. Sci.
University of Limerick.