Old 11-26-2009, 12:25 PM
James Bensley

Default GGI or Server Based Proxy Recommendations

Hey List,

Can anyone recommend any software like that at http://proxify.co.uk/
for me to install on a server for use as a http proxy?

TIA,
James

Old 11-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Eero Volotinen

Quoting James Bensley <jwbensley@gmail.com>:

> Hey List,
>
> Can anyone recommend any software like that at http://proxify.co.uk/
> for me to install on a server for use as a http proxy?

Squid-cache? (squid)

--
Eero,
RHCE

Old 11-26-2009, 12:43 PM
James Bensley

I didn't think you could access squid via a web front end like proxify.co.uk?

James

Mike Ditka - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have
given us arms." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html

Old 11-26-2009, 01:24 PM
"Lucian @ lastdot.org"

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 1:43 PM, James Bensley <jwbensley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't think you could access squid via a web front end like proxify.co.uk?
>
> --
> Regards,
> James
>
> Mike Ditka *- "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have
> given us arms." -
> http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html

Webmin has a simplistic thing similar to that, it's called "http
tunnel", it's included in the core. Install it and try it out.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:43 PM
William Warren

On 11/26/2009 9:24 AM, Lucian @ lastdot.org wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 1:43 PM, James Bensley<jwbensley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I didn't think you could access squid via a web front end like proxify.co.uk?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> James
>>
>> Mike Ditka - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have
>> given us arms." -
>> http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html
>>

> Webmin has a simplistic thing similar to that, it's called "http
> tunnel", it's included in the core. Install it and try it out.

webmin has a decent squid module..

Old 11-26-2009, 01:49 PM
James Bensley

Haven't used webmin in a while, I'll give a go!
James

Pablo Picasso - "Computers are useless. They can only give you
answers." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html