Old 11-26-2009, 12:49 AM
William Warren

Default Yum and upgrading PHP

On 11/25/2009 4:22 PM, Rob Kampen wrote:
ML
wrote:

Hi Mark,

*

I tried a yum upgrade php so that I could
get to either 5.2 or 5.3

(currently 5.1.2) and It says nothing marked for upgrade.

How does one upgrade individual packages versus doing a plain system

upgrade (like just yum upgrade)

*****
I'm a little confused: why did you do a yum upgrade php after running
yum

upgrade; if there was a php package to upgrade in any of the mirrors or

repositories you have allowed, it would have already been upgraded.

***

Well I thought a yum upgrade would get a php update if it was
available, but there was nothing, so I tried a normal yum upgrade php
as it would be nice to get to php 5.3.

So must be the mirror I am using doesn't have an upgraded package. *
This issue comes up very regularly, I believe there is a 5.2.6 variant
of php in the testing repo that I haven't used but others on the list
have and so far no bad reports. As this is .el5, the enterprise linux
version is does not always have the latest and greatest, but that's the
price for tried, tested and true. HTH

-Jason

CentOS@centos.org

*

plus relevant fixes from newer versions are backported to the RHEL tree.