Old 11-25-2009, 09:15 AM
John Doe

Default Disable "Hibernation" option ?

From: Niki Kovacs <contact@kikinovak.net>
> Is there any way to disable the "Hibernate" option ? In the past, I've
> accidentally clicked on it, which put the computer to sleep, only it
> refused to wake up after that.

Google gives:
http://magazine.redhat.com/2008/05/30/tips-and-tricks-how-do-i-remove-the-suspendhibernate-entries-from-the-system-menu-in-the-gnome-panel/

JD

Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Niki Kovacs

John Doe a écrit :
> From: Niki Kovacs <contact@kikinovak.net>
>> Is there any way to disable the "Hibernate" option ? In the past, I've
>> accidentally clicked on it, which put the computer to sleep, only it
>> refused to wake up after that.
>
> Google gives:
> http://magazine.redhat.com/2008/05/30/tips-and-tricks-how-do-i-remove-the-suspendhibernate-entries-from-the-system-menu-in-the-gnome-panel/
>
> JD

Thanks! That helped!

Niki

Old 11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Kai Schaetzl

Niki Kovacs wrote on Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:58:41 +0100:

> Is there any way to disable the "Hibernate" option ? In the past, I've
> accidentally clicked on it, which put the computer to sleep, only it
> refused to wake up after that.

Hibernate isn't "sleep" (suspend). Usually you simply power it on after
hibernate.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Niki Kovacs

Kai Schaetzl a écrit :

> Hibernate isn't "sleep" (suspend). Usually you simply power it on after
> hibernate.

I confess that up until now, both amounted to something like "the state
where my PC won't reboot correctly".

)