Old 11-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Tariq Ismail Dalvi

Default Name failed to restart with service named restart command

I have Centro 5.4 it named starts at bootup but fails to restart when
I give command service named restart and it there is no any error in
syslog messages.

With reload command I get the following message in syslog :-
Nov 25 14:03:30 unitedinfotechs named[2201]: using default UDP/IPv4
port range: [1024, 65535]
Nov 25 14:03:30 unitedinfotechs named[2201]: using default UDP/IPv6
port range: [1024, 65535]
Nov 25 14:16:03 unitedinfotechs named[2201]: loading configuration
from '/etc/named.conf'
Nov 25 14:16:03 unitedinfotechs named[2201]: using default UDP/IPv4
port range: [1024, 65535]
Nov 25 14:16:03 unitedinfotechs named[2201]: using default UDP/IPv6
port range: [1024, 65535]

I shall highly appreciate any hint.

--
Best Regards
Tariq Ismail Dalvi

Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 PM
"nate"

Tariq Ismail Dalvi wrote:
> I have Centro 5.4 it named starts at bootup but fails to restart when
> I give command service named restart and it there is no any error in
> syslog messages.
>
> With reload command I get the following message in syslog :-

You running *restart* or *reload* as they are often different
things.

Your subject says restart your text above says reload.

reload uses ndc and restart uses start/stop

I prefer restart myself, ndc doesn't work well with my
configuration for whatever reason.

nate

Old 11-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Lars Hecking

> rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: connection refused
> named is stopped.

Missing control statement for rndc port.