Old 11-24-2009, 07:09 AM
王行焘

Default A problem about upgrade centos5.2

hi,
i made a mistake that i used centos5.4 i686 to upgrade the centos 5.2 x86_64,which runs on a server whose cpu is Xeon.The server seems to need CentOS X86_64 version. Should i use the CentOS 5.4* X86_64 disk to upgrade the CentOS 5.4 i 686?
Ps.I urgently need to upgrade it because the glibc x86_64 conflicts with the i686 one....It drives me crazy and i am hitting my head against the wall...
Should that work well?Should i try that?Please help to let me move on with my life....
Thanks very much!

--
*

Best wishes from
WANG Xing-tao
Management Information and Information System
BeijingJiaotongUniversity
*
北京交通大*
经济管理*院信息管理与信息系统
王行焘

09年新晋3D主流网游《天下贰》,网易 *年亿资打*

Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Phil Schaffner

王行焘 wrote on 11/24/2009 03:09 AM:
> hi,
> i made a mistake that i used centos5.4 i686 to upgrade the centos 5.2
> x86_64,which runs on a server whose cpu is Xeon.The server seems to need
> CentOS X86_64 version. Should i use the CentOS 5.4 X86_64 disk to
> upgrade the CentOS 5.4 i 686?
> Ps.I urgently need to upgrade it because the glibc x86_64 conflicts with
> the i686 one....It drives me crazy and i am hitting my head against the
> wall...
> Should that work well?Should i try that?Please help to let me move on
> with my life....
> Thanks very much!

You should always yse the same architecture for an upgrade. A yum
upgrade should be possible following the release notes. The $basearch
variable in yum should point to the correct packages.

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.4

Basically:

yum clean all
yum update glibc*