-   -   3Com 3c940 moel only giving me 100 mb throughput to network switch (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/285057-3com-3c940-moel-only-giving-me-100-mb-throughput-network-switch.html)

Gilbert Sebenste 11-23-2009 05:06 PM

3Com 3c940 moel only giving me 100 mb throughput to network switch

Hello all,

As the subject states, I have a 3Com 3c940 Ethernet card to a 1 gb network
switch. The switch detects it, but it only shows that it is giving me 100
mb/sec throughput. That card is rated for 1 GB...is there a way to force
it to try to use 1 GB/sec? System-config-network isn't helping me here.

Thanks for any help!