11-23-2009 05:01 PM

Is there a CentOS selinux mailing list?

The subject says it all. I've still got that irritating problem of selinux
complaining with smagent writing to its own logfile, and as I mentioned
here, weeks ago, I've done everything that sealert says, a number of
times, and it didn't fix it, and I've determined that it's clearly an
error handling failure of selinux.

So, I'm hoping to find someone else who's run into the same thing....

mark

Craig White 11-23-2009 05:26 PM

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 11:01 -0700, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> The subject says it all. I've still got that irritating problem of selinux
> complaining with smagent writing to its own logfile, and as I mentioned
> here, weeks ago, I've done everything that sealert says, a number of
> times, and it didn't fix it, and I've determined that it's clearly an
> error handling failure of selinux.
>
> So, I'm hoping to find someone else who's run into the same thing....
----
the problem with sealert's is that the paths are relative so just
running the command without doing a 'cd /path/affected/by/selinux/'
doesn't actually work.

to specifically answer your question, no, I don't know of a specific
CentOS-SELinux list but the general SELinux list is certainly all you
need...

Craig

believed to be clean.

> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 11:01 -0700, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> The subject says it all. I've still got that irritating problem of
>> selinux
>> complaining with smagent writing to its own logfile, and as I mentioned
>> here, weeks ago, I've done everything that sealert says, a number of
>> times, and it didn't fix it, and I've determined that it's clearly an
>> error handling failure of selinux.
>>
>> So, I'm hoping to find someone else who's run into the same thing....
> ----
> the problem with sealert's is that the paths are relative so just
> running the command without doing a 'cd /path/affected/by/selinux/'
> doesn't actually work.

Wait - you mean I have to cd to /var/log/httpd, to run setsebool
httpd_unified on? That makes no sense.

And I made the roles, etc, as close as I could, both on smagent and on its
log file.

> to specifically answer your question, no, I don't know of a specific
> CentOS-SELinux list but the general SELinux list is certainly all you
> need...

Ah, ok, that's what I want, then. I looked over to selinux's site, and all
they have is a developers' list, which is not who I should bother.

Thanks!

mark

Craig White 11-23-2009 05:44 PM

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 11:41 -0700, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 11:01 -0700, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> >> The subject says it all. I've still got that irritating problem of
> >> selinux
> >> complaining with smagent writing to its own logfile, and as I mentioned
> >> here, weeks ago, I've done everything that sealert says, a number of
> >> times, and it didn't fix it, and I've determined that it's clearly an
> >> error handling failure of selinux.
> >>
> >> So, I'm hoping to find someone else who's run into the same thing....
> > ----
> > the problem with sealert's is that the paths are relative so just
> > running the command without doing a 'cd /path/affected/by/selinux/'
> > doesn't actually work.
>
> Wait - you mean I have to cd to /var/log/httpd, to run setsebool
> httpd_unified on? That makes no sense.
>
> And I made the roles, etc, as close as I could, both on smagent and on its
> log file.
----
No, for setsebool, it's just a boolean policy and of course switching
the pwd is meaningless but for setting file contexts, it's very
meaningful...sorry for the lack of clarity.

Craig

believed to be clean.