Old 01-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Rainer Traut

Default 5.1 yum: distroverpkg=redhat-release ignored?

Hi,

is this the right behaviour of yum?

yum.conf has:
distroverpkg=redhat-release

But yum obviously uses centos-release to find out the distro version.
So is yum patched to do this?

Thx
Rainer

Old 01-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 09:43 +0100, Rainer Traut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is this the right behaviour of yum?
>
> yum.conf has:
> distroverpkg=redhat-release
>
> But yum obviously uses centos-release to find out the distro version.
> So is yum patched to do this?

rpm -q --whatprovides redhat-release