Old 11-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Barry Brimer

Default Inquiry:How to enable "NAT" on CentOS 5 ?

> Dear All
> On my CentOS 5 , I installed the Asterisk 1.4.13 and DECT application
> software and then when I want to try for "NAT" I issue as the followings :
> #iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.20.30.0/24 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
> But it didn't get through . So I checked if the "NAT" is enabled on
> my CentOS server , as the followings :
> #echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> But still I cannot try for "NAT" . Can you please let me know which other
> setings maybe influenced and need to be checked for enabling the "NAT" ?

You have your outgoing traffic NATed .. but you need a PREROUTING rule to
forward the traffic to your Asterisk server.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 AM
hadi motamedi

Sorry. It seems that I didn't illustrate*what I mean correctly . I mean that it is appeared to me that my CentOS 5 server will support for NAT by default (as I checked it on VirtualBox) but after Asterisk & DECT installation it does not . Can you please let me know which settings maybe influenced and need to be double-checked ?

Thank you in advance

*