Old 11-22-2009, 05:07 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default Dynamic DNS update

I am using a /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks script to update a bind host record
for a remote server so I can gain admin access to it when its dynamic ip
changes.

Does anyone know of an existing script that wont update the bind zone unless
the ip has actually changed rather than me hacking one out and reinventing the
wheel?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 PM
"Les Bell"

"Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:

Does anyone know of an existing script that wont update the bind zone
unless
the ip has actually changed rather than me hacking one out and reinventing
the
wheel?
<<

I did this one years ago - see