-   -   kdump location recommendations? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/283791-kdump-location-recommendations.html)

Florin Andrei 11-20-2009 05:09 PM

kdump location recommendations?

I need to make a decision on the configuration of the kdump location for
a bunch of new machines. It seems like using a raw partition directly is
the safest choice, right? If I configure it to dump vmcore on a
filesystem, and the filesystem gets corrupted somehow, then the dump
will fail. Same for network-based dumps (the remote end may be
unavailable due to a number of reasons).

The local storage is a couple SATA drives with hardware-based mirror
RAID. The chassis is a Dell PowerEdge.

Also, what it the recommended size for a dedicated raw partition for kdump?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org