Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Jiann-Ming Su

Default serial console config package?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Larry Brigman <larry.brigman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've been installing CentOS via PXE and using a serial console
>> interface. *The installation works great. *I notice that during the
>> install process, the following line gets added automatically to
>> /etc/inittab:
>>
>> *co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 9600 vt100-nav
>>
>> Which package does this? *Is it kudzu? *Thanks for any insights.
>>

> It is probably anaconda during the kickstart due to what you have in
> the kickstart
> file for doing the serial install.

I'm pretty sure it's not anaconda. I've been playing with the
kickstart file. If I do a yum remove of some packages, that console
line does not get added to inittab. Right now, I'm suspecting it's
kudzu since that's one of the packages I remove.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank. The election baby has peed in