Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Jiann-Ming Su

Default serial console config package?

I've been installing CentOS via PXE and using a serial console
interface. The installation works great. I notice that during the
install process, the following line gets added automatically to
/etc/inittab:

co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 9600 vt100-nav

Which package does this? Is it kudzu? Thanks for any insights.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank. The election baby has peed in

Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Larry Brigman

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been installing CentOS via PXE and using a serial console
> interface. *The installation works great. *I notice that during the
> install process, the following line gets added automatically to
> /etc/inittab:
>
> *co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 9600 vt100-nav
>
> Which package does this? *Is it kudzu? *Thanks for any insights.

It is probably anaconda during the kickstart due to what you have in
the kickstart
file for doing the serial install.