Old 11-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Wahyu Darmawan

Default Oracle RAC 9i on RH AS 4 Update 5

Hi all,
I've got problem when run command "gsdctl start", and appeared error like this :
/home/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/i686/native_threads/libzip.so:
symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
link time reference (libzip.so)
Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
Could not create Java VM

Does anyone can help me? Appreciate with your response.

Thank you,

Old 11-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Eero Volotinen

Wahyu Darmawan wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've got problem when run command "gsdctl start", and appeared error like this :
> /home/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/i686/native_threads/libzip.so:
> symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
> link time reference (libzip.so)
> Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
> Could not create Java VM
>
> Does anyone can help me? Appreciate with your response.

Please, provide output from oracle logs.

Anyway, I think that something required package is not installed. Did
you follow oracle documentation?

You can also get answer from oracle support about this issue.

--
Eero,
RHCE

Old 11-19-2009, 03:16 PM
"nate"

Wahyu Darmawan wrote:

> Does anyone can help me? Appreciate with your response.

Go talk to Oracle, that's a big reason someone would go with
a company like Oracle is the support.

Make sure your configuration is on their supported list as
well.

nate

Old 11-19-2009, 03:26 PM

> Hi all,
> I've got problem when run command "gsdctl start", and appeared error like
> this :
> /home/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/i686/native_threads/libzip.so:
> symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
> link time reference (libzip.so)
> Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
> Could not create Java VM
>
> Does anyone can help me? Appreciate with your response.

Looks like either what others have said, that some package is missing, or
that your environment's not right. Is LD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly? How
'bout JAVA_HOME?

mark

Old 11-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Hakan Koseoglu

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Wahyu Darmawan
<wahyu.darmawan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've got problem when run command "gsdctl start", and appeared error like this :
> /home/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/i686/native_threads/libzip.so:
> symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
> link time reference (libzip.so)
> Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
> Could not create Java VM
Make sure you have all of this covered:

http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml#RunningOracleInstallation OnRHELAS4

Ah, those were the days, getting Oracle 9i running on anything was a
bit of a challenge and this gentleman's web pages were always
useful...

These days Oracle has good upstream documentation and almost
everything works with 10g and 11g...