Old 11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Les Mikesell

Default Inquiry:What is the equivalent of "ping -f -l" on the CentOS server?

Robert wrote:

> hadi motamedi wrote:
>> Sorry. It was just an example . I wanted to ask you for the equivalent
>> of "ping -f -l" in its general format . Please help me.
> <snip>
>
> The equivalent of "man" is "man", therefore the equivalent of "man ping"
> is "man ping".

That works for ping, but hasn't been a good generalization since the gnu
versions of things started updating only info pages. So, for example,
the equivalent of what you'd expect from "man tar" is "info tar".
$ man tar |wc -l
457
$ info tar 2>/dev/null |wc -l
1469