Old 11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
hadi motamedi

Default Inquiry:What is the equivalent of "ping -f -l" on the CentOS server?

Dear All
To find the optimum MTU size , on the MS Windows client , we need to try for "Cing www.google.com -f -l 1472" and then do for trial and error to find the optimum size . Can you please do me favor and let me know what is the equivalent of "ping -f -l" on the CentOS server ?

Let me thank you in advance
*

Old 11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
hadi motamedi

Sorry. It was just an example . I wanted to ask you for the equivalent of "ping -f -l" in its general format . Please help me.

To find the optimum MTU size , on the MS Windows client , we need to try for
"Cing www.google.com -f -l 1472" and then do for trial and error to find

the optimum size . Can you please do me favor and let me know what is the
equivalent of "ping -f -l" on the CentOS server ?
Let me thank you in advance

Please, do not ping flood google!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_flood

--