Old 01-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Ugo Bellavance

Default How to size an email server to handle 5 million emails per day

Erick Perez wrote:

I have no idea as to how to size an email server. I was approached by
a customer that wanted a single server with RAID 1 disks to handle
about 5 million emails a day.
In general terms, what parameters should I take into account to size
the hardware specs when the average email is about 10kb, the smalles
email is 2kb and the largest email is about 5meg (with attachment)

thanks,

I don't know if you have done it yet, but Fort System's new offering,
BarricadeMX, could help you cut spam.

http://www.fsl.com/barricademx.html

It is closed-source, but FSL gives a lot to open-source communities,
especially MailScanner's.

Ugo