Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 AM
"Christopher Thorjussen"

Default Random files in homedir gets deleted

On one of my systems I seem to loose a file or two from time to time.
Last night, one of my files (/home/online/sh/NattjobbPrivat.sh) was
deleted/removed/vanished. Another time it was /home/online/sh/daemon
that was deleted.

But I can't seem to find anything strange in the logs or in the history,
nor would any of my scripts running in crontab mess with those files.

Where can I look for clues? And how do I enable audit for file
operations in my home folder?

/Christopher Thorjussen

Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM
CM

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:09:11 +0100
"Christopher Thorjussen" <Christopher.Thorjussen@carrot.no> wrote:

> On one of my systems I seem to loose a file or two from time to time.
>
> Where can I look for clues?
Is your system visible to the internet? Maybe it's running some kind of
Apache with homedirs loosely enabled and one unsecure php script + one
little h4x0r could do the trick? Is your file system sane? Is your hard
drive(s) SMART-wise OK?
CM

believed to be clean.