Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Jerry Geis

Default vncserver

Hi all,

When using the "vncserver :1" and then "vncviewer :1" to see it
so far so good. then when I run a program I get the window outline
until I move to the position I want and click - how can I just skip that
step

and lets say have my new program go full screen (in the vnc window).

Is that possible and how? THanks,

Jerry

Old 01-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Fabian Arrotin

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 16:07 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When using the "vncserver :1" and then "vncviewer :1" to see it
> so far so good. then when I run a program I get the window outline
> until I move to the position I want and click - how can I just skip that
> step
> and lets say have my new program go full screen (in the vnc window).
>
> Is that possible and how? THanks,

It's because you use twm ... configure vnc to start another desktop
environment ... ? check your ~/.vnc/xstartup (iirc : i don't use vnc)
--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net>
Solution ?

Old 01-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Thursday 03 January 2008 05:02:25 Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> It's because you use twm ... configure vnc to start another desktop
> environment ... ? check your ~/.vnc/xstartup (iirc : i don't use vnc)

Yes, by default vncserver will display twm. In order to use Gnome, we must
activate it.

See in your ~/.vnc/xstart file, and uncomment these lines:
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

HTH,
http://linux2.arinet.org
08:21:03 up 58 min, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.